Bonshaw locality is an historic town in the state of Victoria, Australia. Bonshaw is situated 19 km north-west of Bendigo and 107 km north-west of Melbourne. Bonshaw was named after James Bonshaw, who surveyed the land in 1861. The locality contains the remains of Bonshaw Mine, which opened only in 1870.
Bonshaw is a locality in the City of Whittlesea in the Region of Hobsons Bay in the Australian state of Victoria. It is located 22 km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district.
Bonshaw locality is a locality in the City of Greater Ballarat, Victoria. It lies in the north-easterly foothills of the Victorian Alps and is bounded by Mount Alexander, Mount Collingwood, Mount Alexander South and Mount Elmore. The locality was named after the Bonshaw Family, who originally purchased the land in 1859. In 1992, the locality was incorporated into the city. In 2009, Bonshaw was ranked 18th in Victoria by The Age Good Food Guide, with The Bonshaw Hotel and The Bonshaw Station Hotel listed as two of the 50 best pubs in Victoria.
Bonshaw locality is a locality in Victoria. Bonshaw is part of the Shire of Wellington. The locality includes the small settlement of Bonshaw, the Bonshaw township, and the Bonshaw schools.
Bonshaw is situated just 10km west of Horsham and 25km south-east of Geraldton; it’s surrounded by the Porongorup Hills. The township itself has a population of about 600. Bonshaw got its name from William Bonshaw, who settled in the area in 1886. Thanks to him, the township’s name was officially changed from Shelley to Bonshaw in 1945. Bonshaw remains a small community today, and, although there many no longer live in the town, the memory of Bonshaw’s early settlers stays strong.
Bonshaw locality was originally a township in the Shire of Corowa, though in 1998 it became part of the Shire of Moira. Today Bonshaw locality is an important agricultural region for wheat and sheep farming. Bonshaw locality is named after the Bonshaw family who were early settlers in the area.
Bonshaw locality, Victoria, sits 130 kilometres north-west of Melbourne. The locality was first settled by European settlers in 1846 and was known as Bonshaw Station. In 1851, a local landowner, Thomas Plunkett, advertised land for sale in the area, and the area began to develop. Bonshaw township was established in 1881 and grew slowly until 1946 when the town was gazetted as a locality.